Built is 1890 and located in the heart of the McIntire Historic District this beautiful building was once known as Saint James Rectory.
We recapture almost 8,000 Sq. Ft. of living space converting the once single family into 4 luxury apartments. To do this we basically stripped the house down to the studs and rebuild it, we salvage the original trim, door and window casings, doors, chimneys, floors, and arches, all the windows were restored to the original condition and added new storm windows, and a full wet sprinkler system and a fire alarm were added and a new staircase was built bringing the house up to code. We also added 8 parking spots in the back of the property. The exterior of the building was painted with the original color and the original shutters were repaired and put back.
The grand entrance with its high ceilings and handcrafted railing were kept providing a glimpse back into the 1890s.
In Summary, we were able to create a beautiful modern building without losing sight of what makes 161 Federal St a historic landmark. We are proud to be a part of the history of this building.